What Is Neoprene Rubber Sponge Tape And How Is It Used
Sponge tape, often referred to as rubber tape or foam rubber tape, is a very functional material that has many uses in our modern everyday lives. These types of products are great for sealing off gaps and openings and they can provide cushioning between two objects so these items won’t scuff or scrape against one another.
There are quite a few different types of sponge tapes (which are rubber based) such as EPDM and Chloroprene (often referred to as Neoprene or CR) sponge tape, as well as polyethylene foam tape & PVC foam tape. In this guide, we are going to take a closer look at CR tape or neoprene tape and we discuss the top advantages and disadvantages that this useful sponge rubber tape has to offer.
What is Neoprene Sponge Tape?
CR (Neoprene) sponge tape is made from a neoprene sponge. This type is a synthetic rubber with a dense mass of tiny pores or closed cells. Because the foam tape has a dense and sealed design, it is very functional for blocking out air, moisture, liquids, gasses, oils, and much more. The tape can tolerate a lot of heat and it can withstand all sorts of natural and harsh elements such as rain or harsh UV rays.
Advantages of Neoprene Sponge Tape
This tape is popular in many renovation projects, construction projects, and the manufacturing industry because it offers a great many advantages. Here is a quick look at some of the top advantages of this type of tape.
- The tape has a high flame rating and can handle a lot of intense heat.
- Neoprene tape can also tolerate very cold climates before its bendability might be hindered.
- It offers good chemical stability which makes it practical for factories or for industrial applications.
- The tape remains soft and flexible in both hot and cold temperatures.
- The tape is functional for humid and wet areas because it repels water.
- CR tape has anti-slip properties which make it great for securing items in place.
- This type of tape can handle natural elements like wind, rain, frost, and direct UV rays.
- The tape is nice and spongy and will provide excellent cushioning for heavy equipment.
- You can use this tape for all sorts of DIY or construction projects.
What is Neoprene Sponge Tape Used For?
Neoprene foam tape is often manufactured with a peel-and-stick design. When the tape is peeled away, the adhesive can be adhered to just about any type of surface imaginable and it can be used for a great many purposes.
This type of rubber tape is often used to seal openings or joints in metal cabinets, trailers, caravan doors, caravan windows, Ute hardcovers, hatches, and ports on boats and watercraft. The seal is functional for outdoor areas because it can handle full sun exposure.
You can use this tape for weatherstripping around doors and windows. Because it tolerates heat, it is also good gasketing for high-temperature motors. Neoprene is also a poor conductor of electricity. Because of this, it is often used to seal off electrical boxes.
Shop Gardiner Australia
Neoprene sponge tape can offer many benefits and this type can be used on a great many different types of surfaces or for a huge variety of goods. If you are looking for a quality seal or want to find out more about this specific tape type before you buy then you should give Gardiner Australia a call. We supply a wide range of quality foam products and can tell you if this is the right tape for your project or we can guide you toward something more suitable.