Back channel tape
- PE foam tape & PVC foam tapes can be used as both back channel tapes
- PE foam tape is for polycarbonate roofing & PVC foam is for metal roofs.
- Manufactured in Australia using high performance adhesive
- Closed cell foam used that will not absorb ambient moisture or let water through
- PE & PVC foam stops water ingress
Reasons to use back channel tape
The foam tape is fitted into a “C-section” channel mounted on a wall, into which sheets of metal, polycarbonate, or glass fibre roofing are pushed in at a slight angle. This is typically used when they are fitted under a gutter in awnings and patios. The foam does not hold water, and will compress when the sheets are pushed into it, to create a watertight seal, preventing rain from blowing up the sheets and running down the wall. These are supplied in soft PVC for metal and glass fibre roofing, and the firmer PE when polycarbonate sheeting is used. Foam tape has a self-adhesive backing.